DCL is one of the few cruiselines that allow guests to bring their own alcohol (and other beverages) on board the ship. The following guidelines apply:
- Beverages must be brought on board in carry-on luggage only (to prevent spillage).
- Carry-on luggage must not contain ice (again, spillage).
- There is apparently no limit on quantity, but all items brought on board must be able to fit through a standard airport-style x-ray machine.
- Hard-sided coolers may not be brought on board.
- Beverages brought on board must be consumed in the guest's stateroom. These beverages may not be consumed in public areas.
- It should be noted that the enforcement of this rule is minimal, especially when guests are discreet (i.e. pouring beverages into a glass before heading out on deck) Stateroom hosts and bartenders will provide glassware upon request.
- Bottles of wine may be brought into the ship's dining rooms, and will be served by the server team. A per-bottle corkage fee will apply.